"How Do I Wash My MOKE Puffer Jacket or Puffer Vest?"
Properly Caring for Your Moke Puffer Jacket: A Guide to Washing and Drying
UPDATED APRIL 2023.
Moke Puffer Jackets are known for their warmth, style, and durability. However, to ensure that your jacket lasts for years, it's important to care for it properly. One essential aspect of caring for your jacket is washing it regularly. In this article, we'll provide step-by-step instructions on how to wash and dry your Moke Puffer Jacket or Puffer Vest, to prolong its life and keep you warm.
Washing Your Down Puffer Jacket in the Machine:
- Put your puffer jacket in the washer, select a gentle cycle at about 30 degrees, choose the "extra rinse" option if it's available, and use a gentle detergent that doesn't include fluorescing chemicals.
- Don't use the spin cycle! It is preferable to let your Down jacket drip dry rather than squishing and squeezing it.
When washing your down jacket in the machine, it's important to select the right cycle and detergent to avoid damaging the delicate down. Choose a gentle cycle with a low temperature and an extra rinse option if possible. Use a mild detergent without any fluorescing chemicals, which can damage the jacket's insulation. Avoid using the spin cycle, as this can compress and damage the down.
Washing Your Down Jacket by Hand:
- Put your Down jacket in a sink and soak it for up to 60 minutes.
- Choose a mild detergent, making sure it doesn't include any fluorescing chemicals.
- Follow the drying instructions below after lightly squeezing any extra water out of the rinsed area.
If you prefer to wash your down jacket by hand, soak it in a sink for up to an hour with a mild detergent. Avoid using too much detergent, as this can be difficult to rinse out completely. After washing, lightly squeeze any excess water out of the jacket before following the drying instructions below.
Drying Your Down Jacket:
- After washing, place your puffer jacket flat on a clothes rack to dry.
- Gentle fluff the Down up.
- Down can take more than 24 hours to dry. You can skip this step and throw it straight into the dryer on low heat if you don't want to wait this long.
- Place two or three tennis balls inside the dryer along with the down puffer jacket or puffer vest and turn it on low heat. By adding the tennis balls, it will assist in fluffing up your down jacket and restoring it to its loft.
After washing your puffer jacket, it's important to dry it properly to avoid damage to the down. Lay the jacket flat on a clothes rack and gently fluff the down to help it regain its loft. Depending on the humidity and temperature of your home