When properly cared for, your Moke Down jacket will last for years. Washing it regularly will help to prolong its' life and keep you warmer!
WASHING YOUR DOWN JACKET IN THE MACHINE
- Put your puffer jacket in the washer, select a gentle cycle at about 30 degrees, choose the "extra rinse" option if it's available, and use a gentle detergent that doesn't include fluorescing chemicals. Don't use the spin cycle! It is preferable to let your Down jacket drip dry rather than squishing and squeezing it.
WASHING YOUR DOWN JACKET BY HAND
Put your Down jacket in a sink and soak it for up to 60 minutes. Again, choose a mild detergent, making sure it doesn't include any fluorescing chemicals.
Follow the drying instructions below after lightly squeezing any extra water out of the rinsed area.
DRYING YOUR DOWN JACKET
- After washing, place your puffer jacket flat on a clothes rack to dry. Gentle fluff the Down up. Down can take more than 24 hours to dry. You can skip this step and throw it straight into the dryer on low heat if you don't want to wait this long.
- Place two or three tennis balls inside the dryer along with the down puffer jacket and turn it in the low heat. By adding the tennis balls, it will assist in fluffing up your down jacket and restoring it to its loft.
- Do not store your down puffer jacket while it’s wet. This will make your jacket smelly! Ensure your jacket is 100% dry before you put it away or wear it again.
- Do not use Fabric softener. Stick to a down-specific or mild detergent with no fluorescing agents for the best results.
- Do no Wring. Don’t wring your down jacket, no matter how heavy it is. If you must, gently shake any excess water off while supporting its weight
- Do not dry clean. The solvents they use in the dry cleaning process can damage your jacket.
- Do not wash in A top-loader with an agitator. It’s a rougher wash, and your down jacket is delicate.
- Do not put it on a spin cycle.
Shop Moke jackets HERE